Festive Recipes Perfect for your 4th of July Celebration
Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue! According to a 2018 Survey by the National Retail Federation, Americans will spend $6.9 billion on food to help them celebrate the fourth of July. Holy cow we sure do love our flag inspired food! Don’t be left behind!
Here are some fun and easy ideas for your 4th of July spreads:
Fruit Ice Cubes
- Handful of blackberries, rinsed
- Handful of blueberries, rinsed
- 4-5 large strawberries, hulled, sliced and rinsed
- Handful of raspberries, rinsed
- Place the fruit into an empty ice cube tray (use two trays, if needed). Pour water over the tops of the fruit and freeze for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Add the fruit cubes to a glass or pitcher of water, with additional fruit, if desired.
Seven Layer Flag Dip
- Refried beans
- Taco seasoning
- Sour cream
- White cheddar cheese
- Black olives or black beans
Layer One – Spread one can of refried beans on the bottom of a 9 X 13 Dish
Layer Two -Spread Guacamole
Layer 3 – Mix the Sour Cream and Taco Mix in a bowl and then spread on top of beans
Layer 4 – Spread Salsa
Layer 5 – Place Black Olives or Black Beans in the corner of the dish.
Layer 6 & 7 – Arrange White Cheddar Cheese and Chopped Tomatoes into stripes
Read more at https://www.soulfullymade.com/american-flag-layered-dip/
American Flag Cheese Tray
- Blueberry Chèvre Fresh Goat Cheese
- Semi-Soft Fontina, cut into little stars
- Dried Montmorency Cherries
- Coconut Cashews
- Mini Pearl Grape Tomatoes
- Savory Thin Mini Crackers
- Manchego Cheese
- Red Pepper Slices
- Blue Cheese
- Calabrese Salame
- Unexpected White Cheddar Cheese
- Three Seed Beet Crackers
- Truffle Marcona Almonds
- Using a large rectangle serving platter (preferably one decorated like an American Flag, see links in post), arrange the red, white and blue foods into the American flag design.
- Blueberries and a blueberry covered goat cheese log create the base for little white stars cut from a block of semi-soft Fontina cheese. The remaining ingredients are laid out from top to bottom alternating red and white foods to create the stripes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Strawberry Blueberry Trifle
Ingredients for Trifle Cake:
17 oz angel food cake, cut into 1″ cubes (I used 1 1/2 blocks)
1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 lb fresh blueberries
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice (from 1/2 medium lemon)
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened at room temp
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
How to Make Lemon Syrup:
In a measuring cup, combine 1/4 cup water, 2 Tbsp sugar and 2 Tbsp lemon juice and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside until needed.
How to Make the Trifle Cream:
Beat together 1 lb cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar (with the whisk attachment) on medium speed until creamy and smooth, scraping the bowl a couple times. With mixer on, pour in 2 cups heavy cream then turn mixer to medium/high and continue beating until until whipped and fluffy. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla and beat until incorporated.
Assembling the Berry Trifle:
Place 1/3 of your sliced angel food cake into the bottom of your trifle dish and brush with 1/3 of your syrup. Add 1/3 of your cream and loosely spread it over cake pieces. Add 1/2 of the sliced strawberries. Repeat with remaining ingredients (adding 1/2 of the blueberries for the second fruit layer). Frost the top with last 1/3 of cream and decorate with remaining fruit.
This cake is best served the same day it’s made. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
< Go Back